Current Obsession: Homeland.

Thursday, November 3, 2011

For the past few weeks there hasn't been a day that goes by that I haven't called my sister or husband and said, "OMG, I can't stop thinking about Homeland!!!!" The scary thing? It's actually true. What I don't tell them is that I probably think about it a couple times a day. Could I be more of a dork? I'm sorry, I just can't help myself... it's THAT good.

People, trust me on this one, you have GOT to watch this show. If you don't have Showtime (which also houses my 2nd and 3rd favorite shows (Californication and Dexter *die*) this is the reason to get it, or at least make friends with someone who subscribes. As in, change Match.com profile to read, "looking for a man who subscribes to Showtime and won't talk (or watch football) on a Sunday night." Period. End.


For those of you who don't know, the basic premise of the show is that Claire Danes is a CIA agent who receives some information from a terrorist, minutes before his execution, that a POW has been "turned." Months later, a man who has been missing in combat for some 8 years is found and Danes is sure that he is going to be the sleeper terrorist. The POW comes home to a family, with a crap load of issues, and Danes herself is shown to also have a few screws loose. What happens next is crazy, and I won't give any more away. Except that it's just amazing. 

The only thing that could make the show better? If Jordan Catalano could just magically appear, standing by a locker, smoking a cigarette. I guess that isn't fair, because that sight would really make ANYTHING in life better. Am I the only one who can't not think of him when I see Claire Danes?


Enough reminiscing. Back to Homeland. Watch it. You won't be disappointed. Feel free to discuss if you agree or don't. Come on, I know there are a few of you who are obsessed as I am!

1 comment :

Anonymous said...

i too am obssesed with it!