Two Peas In a Pod.

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Remember yesterday, when I said that I despised breast-feeding. Well, today I take it back for one reason, and one reason only.* The gilt free eating of the LM's halloween candy. Seriously, if there is an excuse to have more kids... this might be it. Sure, you could buy it, but it just tastes sooooooooooooo much better when it comes from a Batman bucket, that you know was carried around by your favorite superhero all night long. The problem is that I'm pretty sure I am going to need to start replacing what I've eaten, because someone keeps sorting and organizing (and re-organizing) his loot, and I'm pretty sure he is going to notice the extra large dent that I've put in it. Oops.

Anyway, back to Halloween. I said it last year and I'll say it again; Boston has the best Halloween. Yep, I'm calling that one. No where else can you find such excitement, in a safe and controlled, child friendly environment. My Sis was with us for the first time this year, and she commented that after seeing a Beacon Hill Halloween, that she was pretty sure she was cheated out of her entire childhood. I'd have to agree. This year beat all other years for two very clear reasons; 1) the boys were so completely into it, I almost wanted to cry. There is nothing like seeing superhero best friends leading the charge in search of sugar. My LM was so funny, he kept trying to trade with people when he got to a house that had candy that he liked better... and 2) people were serving adult "treats" this time around as well. I've decided that my new favorite drink is (heavily) spiked cider, on a cold Halloween night!

Here are some pics from what was one of the best nights ever!

First, what I refer to as the "child army." My two bestie's kiddies, and the LM. (If you can believe it there are 3 more babies not pictured!) I think this may be my favorite picture of all time! Do you think as an adult we are EVER this happy?


Like last year, we HAD to ride the "hay ride" around the block.


And... my two peas in a pod.



Last night the LM said that Halloween is better than "his birthday + Christmas." As much as I love both... after Monday night, I'd have to agree!!!

* (okay, maybe two, because I do love the snuggles that come with feeding the little guy.)