YMGG- For the Mom Who Sometimes Thinks She Is a Celebrity, But Really Just Wants to Be as Hip as She Can Be Without Humiliating Her Kid at the Playground.

Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Yep, it's that time of the year again!!! Time for me to share with you some of the things that are on my Christmas List/ a few of my favorite things. Without further ado...




  1. The Sartorialist [Paperback]. I can't think of a book that inspires me more (fashion wise) than the Sartorialist, by Scott Schuman. It's about 1000 pages of all of his most beautiful images, and before I pack for a trip, or a night out, I flip through those gorgeous glossy pages before settling on my fashion choice. For 16.00, I can't think of a better stocking stuffer. Amazon.
  2. Exhale Gift Certificates. File this under my new favorite thing/ current obsession. After their second babies, my girlfriends began to rave about the Core Fusion classes that are offered only at Exhale locations. Within months they were two of the hottest mommas in town, and I knew I wanted to follow in their tracks after my little one was born. I've only been at it for 6 weeks, maybe 3 times a week, and already I have noticed a HUGE difference in my body. All the credit for fitting in my favorite "skinny" J. Brands goes to those killer instructors, and classes that literally work every muscle... in an hour! I hurt all the time, but it hurts sooooooooo good I can't stop dreaming about the next class! This is a great gift for a new mom, someone who has found themselves bored in their current routine, or anyone who wants to take their workouts to the next level. Exhale, available in any domination. 
  3. A Gold Men's Style Watch. My sister has this rose gold watch and I lurveeeeeee it! It is such a statement piece, and ads instant style to any outfit, from weekend casual to girls night out. Bloomingdales, 250$
  4. Monogramed Ipad Cover. My girlfriend has a similar cover for her Iphone and it is just about the coolest thing ever. I must admit, I don't have an Ipad yet (we are waiting for the next version) but I am already searching for the perfect cover. My husband is sold on basic black, but I think a little personality is a must! Besides, it would be pretty hard to leave that behind on a airplane... see, always thinking!!! ;) Preppy Princess, 38$
  5. The Perfect Slipper. This is one thing that will definitely be under my tree this year. I hate cold feet, but equally hate wearing socks at home. With a new baby, padding around at night comes with the territory, and I can't think of a better way to do it, than in fleece, covered in red suede. J. Crew, 39.50$
  6. Sport + Store Water Bottle. I saw this a few weeks back with my girlfriend, and we both screamed out genius! This is a perfect gift for anyone on your list, but great for those mom's who want to run to yoga class, without having to lug a huge bag. It's a full size water bottle, that, in the bottom, holds your keys, phone, and credit card. I guess bikers and runners have used these for years... who knew? 19.99.
  7. The Perfect Chevron Blanket. Leave it to Tory Burch to make the perfect blanket. I can just picture this in my bedroom, living room, it would even go with the nursery decor! This is definitely a lust item, but as far as I'm concerned, if you are going to splurge, I can't think of a better way to blow the bank. Tory Burch, 295$
  8. Sharlie's Angels. Rather than getting the blanket above, this year I am going to donate what I would usually spend on myself to one of the worthiest causes I can think of. Sharlie is a amazing woman who I went to high school with. We weren't friends, but I have been following her story through Facebook over the past few months, and I can't think of anyone who is more deserving of the most important gift anyone can receive, the gift of life. Sharlie suffers from CF and is currently in need of a double lung and heart transplant. She is a loving mother and wife and needs every cent you can spare for her upcoming procedure. You can read more about her story, and find out how to donate here
  9. Clairisonic Facial System. This is one item that I have had my doubts about. I kept thinking, can a spin brush really make a difference in my skin? Apparently it can. Lately, it seems like every time I see someone with flawless skin, I ask what their secret is, and EVERYONE keeps swearing by this product. I must say I'm very intrigued. Prices range from 110-225$. 
  10. Black and White [Hardcover]. My newest favorite coffee table book. Buy this. Read it. Love it. Completely re-arange your home. Repeat. Yeah, it's that good. Amazon, 30$
  11. Lululemon "Skinny" Leggings. Okay, I have to admit, I used to be in love with my groove pants... key word, used to be. One day as I was stuffing them into my wellies, I thought "if I only wear skinny jeans, why don't I wear skinny gym leggings." Hello, lightbulb. After baby I picked up a pair of these pants, and I can tell you I will never go back to the old style. Not only are they SO slimming, but they also fit in every shoe, and for someone who hates wearing gym sneakers (because I don't actually wear shoes for ANY of my gym activities) these have been the answer to what I have been looking for. Lululemon, 88$.


P.S. I will never forget when my little sister was about 13 and she turned to me and said, "you know Sis, you aren't really a celebrity?" Talk about a crushing blow to one's ego. Now I will forever be known as the one who "sometimes" thinks she is a celebrity.
P.P.S. Click the highlighted link next to the number to get to website... see I've already done the hard work for you! Feel free to forward to husbands everywhere.

No comments :