A Good Read.

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

 Is there anything better than a good book? Seriously? I'd take a good read over almost anything else (except wine) almost any day of the week! I have always been an avid reader, so I have to say that I was a bit disappointed in myself, the other day, when after an hour of searching I was unable to find my Kindle charger. That meant that my Kindle had been dead for months, and I hadn't even even tried to open a new book during that whole period of time. Shameful. 

Well, said charger has finally be located, and by the end of the Summer I am determined to read the following. I know, I make it sound more like homework, but for various reasons I have been dying to read all of these books, and now I have a plan to get it done. I would love it if some of you would like to read along with me, because as anyone who has EVER watched a show with me knows, there is nothing more that I love to dissect than a good plot line! (yes, I'm that annoying person who talks through shows... sue me ;))

Here's my Winter/ Summer reading list, should you choose to accept!*









Email me if you are game, and I will try to get us all started on the same book! Am I missing anything? What have you all been reading? Or are you like me? Has InStyle and UsWeekly been your medium of choice (oh, the shame, the shame!) I'm totally open to suggestions too, so feel free to leave a comment with a book you have been dying to start! 

This could be fun, right? Yes, no, maybe? 

* Feel free to skip the Grisham, as a former lawyer I am still a sucker for terrible legal fiction. Once you read one, you have to read them all!

psssttt. email is diaryyummymummy (at) gmail (dot) com

6 comments :

Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic said...

I absolutely loved The Night Circus! One of my favorite books that I read last year. Next on my list is This Is How You Lose Her :)

Rob and Amber said...

I am totally game for anything Grisham! Obviously, not a lawyer, but have always loved his books. I also started reading The Happiness Project but put it aside when I got sucked into Safe Haven by Nicholas Sparks. (Guilty pleasure.) And I'll look more into the ones you have listed! They ALL sound very interesting!

jojie said...

a fantastic book is An Invisible Thread by Schroff

Laura C said...

I'm game to read The Night Circus, The Happiness Project & Plutocrats. I really enjoyed the Marriage Plot (but it was nowhere near as good as Middlesex). I'm reading (and loving) Capital by John Lancaster right now.

beach bum mum said...

Hi, count me in I need to get back into reading I actually can't remember the last book I read! I can't find your email address though!

Robin M Anderson said...

shoot, i forgot that it's diaryyummymummy (at) gmail (dot) com.