Weekend Links.

Friday, January 18, 2013


What are you all up to this long weekend? Tomorrow, the LM is starting swimming lessons again, and he's very excited because he was able to get placed in a class with boys much older than him. To a 5 year old, this is a VERY big deal. Other than that, we really don't have much on the agenda. We are bringing back Saturday family night, with a visit to our old favorite, and I'm sure there will be some skateboarding at least one of the days, but I'm psyched that we finally have a weekend where we really have nothing planned!

Also, I'm thinking we should all start on Night Circus, since that seems to be a favorite of almost everyone I ask. What do you all think? 

Here are a few links from around the web, to get your weekend started of right. 
 


The new "it" hairdo. (hint it's short!)

A children's book written by a childhood friend (and first date!) in honor of Martin Luther King.

My bestie, Mar, turned me on to this for breakfast, and I've had it every day this week. I make mine with vanilla almond milk and I've never felt better!

This post sold me on dark red lipstick, I ordered the NARS and can only imagine the comments I am going to get from my husband.

After seeing this, I am WAY to ready for summer. The fact that it's freezing out, doesn't help. I really must consider moving to a warmer climate ;).

I would trade my car in, in a second, for any one of these.

This made me laugh, only because it happens to me EVERY NIGHT OF THE WEEK.

Speaking of hair, if mine were curly I would absolutely die for this style.

If I went to the globes, I would unequivocally wear some version of this. So unexpected!

This home, featured at Vogue.com, is like the sun... if you look at it long enough, you will start to tear up. Pure perfection.

I'm definitely making these for my loves, for valentine's day! No baking involved!

I adore this picture. How cute are they?

See you all Tuesday, stay warm out there, friends!

4 comments :

Rob and Amber said...

Love these! And STOP making me want to cut my hair!! Also... the ecard... I have literally dropped the floor and commando crawled out of his room.

Lou said...

Love your weekend summaries...although I'm sure reading it makes me wanna buy stuff! Off to the Mac website for lipstick...now! Have a great weekend yummy mummy :-) Lou x

Kriss said...

I'm going to try the chia seeds, I love chia seeds!!! This weekend we went minivan shopping for our upcoming party of seven!

mrubin said...

Definitely read the "Night Circus." It's a great whimsical story. Kind of a mix, in my mind, between the movies "The Illusionist" and "The Prestige" and Ray Bradbury's book, "Something Wicked This Way Comes" only not as dark as that book.