Currently.

Thursday, January 3, 2013

 I always feel like Christmas is kind of like a wedding. You do a lot of preparation in anticipation of the big day, your extended family comes together, and it's overwhelming and underwhelming at the same time. The next day you are left with a bit of a champagne hangover, a rather large visa bill, and a lot of new stuff to put away. Hey, as much as I love the big event, I have to say, nothing feels better to me than tossing out that big tree (and 1,000,000,000,000 pine needles,) and taking back my house.

In case you were wondering what christmas morning looks like around these parts, here is a little look into the big day, follow by some family pictures from the last week.
























(date night in the snow for little sis' 24th!)


Tomorrow the boys and I are off to NYC to visit one of my best friends who moved there in the Fall, but Monday I will be back to regular posting! Hope you all have a great weekend, and stay warm... it's cold as hell out there!

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

Love that: bowl of pinecones (?), that ikat chair (gasp) and those glasses! Bless you for being able to pull those off. By the way, keep that haircut going for all eternity. :) happy new year!

Mama Up! said...

Yeah, see, I feel the same way but my problem is that my daughter adores Christmas. Taking it all down ends up being kind of traumatic for all of us!

Julie Q said...

Greats pics! Looks like you had a fab Christmas :)

Robin M Anderson said...

You all are too kind! Anon, yes, haircut FOREVER ;) Happy New Year!

xx