Celeb-U-Spawn.

Monday, July 14, 2008


O.K., I was just as excited as you all were to get the news early Sunday morning that the infamous Brangelina twins, Knox and Vivienne, were finally here. But really people, was all the hype necessary????

I began to get a bit bored of the whole thing when we were in day 5 of hospital watch, and my nightly news (E! news) was continually showing me pictures of the view from Angie's room. Then of course there were the fake reports of the twins making their early arrival, followed by the pictures of the pregnant woman from the hospital window who later turned out not to be Ms. Jolie. Now there is word that the first baby pics will be fetching 11 million dollars. Am I the only one who thinks that this whole celebrity baby thing has become a bit of a circus?

Things have been especially baby crazy this week with the birth of Sunday Rose Urban, Levi McConaughey, and now the twins. It makes you wonder how are these kids ever going to have a normal life? How do they not end up dancing on the tables at some club when they are 14 years old (a la Paris Hilton?) Now that Hollywood seems to have decided that babies are the hot new accessory, there seems to be no end in sight to the madness.

I am making an oath, right hand on the Bible, I will no longer buy any magazine with any celebrity baby on the cover from here on out. I may, however, continue to peruse said magazine for free in the check out line....but that doesn't count, does it? ;)

No comments :