Twelve Hours of Pushing and All I Got Was This Lousy T-Shirt?

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

I know, I know I got more than a T-shirt.....I got stretch marks, 30 pounds of weight gain, a ton of stitches, and oh yea a crying baby!

Of course, I'm kidding. Having my son was the greatest thing that ever happened to me. That doesn't mean that carrying him for nine months, and birthing him wasn't a pain in the ass (literally..don't ask.) Having a baby is hard, and if my loving husband wanted to give me a little trinket of his affection than who am to stop him??? I did after all just birth his first son.

I'm talking about the great push present debate. There are those who think that this is a great idea (me!) and those who think it's a bit unnecessary (the majority of you out there.) I'm not a fan of them just because I got one, I just think that if you can swing it, what better time is there? I mean there I was an exhausted and crying mess. I had a one day old baby in the bassinet next to me, I literally have never looked worse in my entire life, and all of a sudden this beautiful burgundy box appeared out of no where and I was the proud new mother of the beautiful Tank watch that I had always wanted. A few days later I had the watch engraved with my son's initials and birth date and we had an instant family heirloom that I can now pass on to his wife someday; if I ever allow him to marry. I'm sure I would have gotten the watch someday, but getting it that day made it all the more special.

I did mention the stitches didn't I? As far as I'm concerned it was a small price to pay; for the baby not the watch! That on the other hand is a different story..........one that my husband won't let me forget for a long, long time. Good thing I'll have a watch to tell me when that time is.

No comments :