Date Night.

Monday, December 22, 2008

Saturday night The Husband and I had our first date night in 20 months. I know exactly what you are thinking. How did we let it get this bad?

It's not like we haven't had nights out, they just haven't been nights out alone. Together and alone. One of us either watched the little man while to other goes out with friends, or we go our when we have friends or family visiting. Never by ourselves.

I'm pretty sure this is just a sign of our laziness than it is of anything else. Usually a great Saturday involves a pizza, some beers, and a movie. It just takes so much effort, and money (Boston sitters don't come cheap) that we just don't ever plan anything.Well times have changed! Like I said, we went out Saturday and it was A.M.A.Z.I.N.G. Sure we froze our asses off in the snow, but it was so fun just to go out as adults; baby free adults. 

We went to one of my favorite restaurants B&G Oysters, in Boston's South End. The food is always so so, but the oysters are to die for. Oysters happen to be my absolute favorite food so the restaurant was my pick. Throw in the two glasses of wine, and it really was the perfect night (short of the fact that I really froze my ass off). Never mind that we were home watching Law and Order at 9:45. The fact that we got a little dressed up and went out was a definite step in the right direction.

We had so much fun that we booked another night this coming Saturday, and then the Saturday two weeks from now. I know we are some crazy kids! This weekend is The Husband's pick so he of course chose some hole in the wall Tibetan place around the corner from our house. However......wait for it........after that we are going to see a movie. In the theater. I know, I just blew your mind. 

I have been dying to see so many movies that are out that I couldn't even pick one if I tried. Luckily since it's The Husband's night, he decided for me and we are going to see Milk. This was on the top of my list so win, win!

I never thought we would be one of those couples that would have to schedule a "date night,"but then again I never knew what it would be like to have a 16 month old either. For me knowing that every possible Saturday will be set aside for us just to spend time reconnecting is something to really look forward to. I love that we will be trading off "nights" to ensure that each of us gets to do exactly what we want. 

I have a feeling if things keep going this way we won't have any problem making baby number two! If that doesn't work we have a 1 week trip to Maui in March (sans little man) which should do the trick!

1 comment :

TheOnlineStylist said...

Date Nights are so important! And yours (and the future ones!) sound great! Loving all the snow... am so jealous... please send snowy Christmas thoughts across the pond to Chez Thatgirl!
Merry Christmas to you and your lovely family! xx