Is That Your Final Answer?

Friday, February 11, 2011

7:15 am I got the call... our amnio results were in and they came back as PERFECTLY NORMAL! Can you say relief? We have a followup ultrasound appointment on Monday, and according to my midwife (yeah, I'm all set with my former doctor) if all goes well than we can consider ourselves to be completely out of the woods. Oh, those words were music to my ears. My Little Man has spent the day running around telling everyone, "the baby's okay!" after he heard me on the phone with Daddy, so I have a feeling I will have a little bit of explaining to do, but really we couldn't be happier.

These past few months have been such a roller coaster of emotions, and really when you think about it, it's been so for the past two + years. I am so looking forward to having this baby, hopefully healthy and at 40 weeks, and then moving on from the child bearing years, into my child rearing years. I can just picture my two little boys playing together in the sand, and I finally feel like we are almost at the finish line... a 22 week finish line, but a finish line none the less. I have to thank you all again for your amazing support, and hopefully from here on out, I will only have good news to share.

In other news, I have to tell you that my Little Man is officially obsessed with dinosaurs. I came to this conclusion when, today at swimming, I changed him out of his dinosaur pajamas, into his dinosaur bathing suit, and then into his dinosaur T shirt, which he insisted on wearing for the 2nd day in a row. When I went to put on his jacket I uncovered some dinosaur toys that he smuggled in his pocket. I'm thinking it's time I brushed up on my natural history because, like my superheros, I can barely tell a stegosaurus from a triceratops.

In addition, today, I booked tickets for our first monster truck rally. Although I have no idea what we are in for, I'm pretty sure things in my kid's world will never be the same after next weekend.  All I can say is that it's a good thing we are having another boy, I'm not sure how a barbie would fare in this household. For that matter, I'm not quite sure how I am going to fare in this household. I need to learn how to speak boy... and fast!

I wish you all a wonderful weekend, with lots of sunshine! (Ohhhh wouldn't that be nice!)

13 comments :

Anonymous said...

Take him the MOS - they have a great dinosaur display.. Barnes and Noble has a great dino encyclopedia in their kids section too - I got it for my nephew at Christmas and he rarely travels without it..
Congratulations on everything being in the normal range!! I am about a month behind you, so have been following your baby updates with fingers crossed for you and for the little one!

Victoria | Hibiscus Bloem said...

Wonderful news. So pleased for you. A yes, don't little guys love dinasaurs. We have a shelf full of dinasaur books, skeletons, toys, etc etc. I'm still not that up on the names though! A happy weekend to you.

Chrissie said...

YAY!!! That is wonderful news! I am so happy for you!! :o)

Lou said...

So pleased for you - great news. I think there is so much mental anguish in these moments - here's to wishing you well and truly out the woods. Lou x

Paula said...

Hurray!!! I think we can all breath a sigh of relief now and just enjoy the ride!

Thank you for this wondrrful news!

Connie @ Sensible-Redesign said...

Wishing you buckets of sunshine and congratulations on the wonderful news. I believe you already speak "boy" very well. It is amazing to have little men in the household.

Polly said...

I love this post, I have been sitting here nodding away in agreement. We have the dinosaur obsession too, I had to buy a book so we could converse in dinosaur. Does your little guy watch "Dino Dan" Its a firm favourite in this house. I think your little guy would love it.

Grace in TN said...

Yay! Huge sigh of relief and nothing left but to revel in your pregnancy :). As for the boy thing, I have not clue you deal with, as my 2 y.o. little girl is obsessed with babies and ballerinas. Don't know yet whether we are having a boy or girl, but after the first girl, feel like I would have no clue what to do with a boy! Have fun at the rally - sounds like a crazy good time.

Anonymous said...

Great news. The following is a link to a dinosaur place in ct. IT is great for kids. My gang loved it and it has a mini water spray area for summer time. It is well worth the trip. Maybe combine it with a weekend trip to mystic and take in the aquarium there.

http://www.thedinosaurplace.com/

Teresa S. said...

Monster trucks? Really? I really cannot imagine you there, Yummy Mummy. Seems like a such an unlikely thing for you to attend.

Robin M Anderson said...

When you have a little boy, I'm learning nothing is unlikely! Time to dust off those cowboy boots!

Andi said...

The little man would love this event. Danvers, MA always hosts a truck day for the little ones and it is a huge hit every year. There are all kinds of trucks, emergency vehicles, equipment, boats for the kids to explore:

http://www.danversrec.com/2010truckday.htm

Congratulations on the new little man!

Katy said...

Oh my god...there are monster truck rallies in Massachusettes? I thought that was only a southern thing!