Second Opinion.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Something about our first scan just wasn't sitting right with us. After the anxiety of the last week, my husband figured it would be better if I went in and had a second scan done by someone who we know, who would really take the time to measure every inch of our baby's little body.

Guess what?

The baby is perfectly fine! I am 16 weeks and 6 days, and the baby measured between 17 weeks and 1 day, and 17 weeks in 4 days. All within an ideal range. The longest part of the little guy? His thigh bone! The same thigh bone that measured short. Go figure. Either the bone grew over the last 4 days, or it wasn't measured incorrectly the first time around (I can assure you that yesterday's was done with the most care and detail ever seen on a 17 week old in the history of ultrasounds.)

There still was a little "something" with the heart, but not to the extent we saw last time, which can absolutely happen as these things usually correct themselves. This isn't even a blip on my radar at this point.

Do you all hear that? That's the sound of my exhale being heard around the world. I feel so blessed that our little guy is going to start out his life without an array of health concerns, and if we didn't feel like we were lucky enough before, we sure know we are now.

10 comments :

Christi said...

So happy for the second scan.

Christi

Paula said...

Phew! So glad you had the second scan! I can stop stalking your blog now and just wait for tge email notice! Thank you so much for keepibg us in the loop.

Connie @ Sensible-Redesign said...

I have been following for a long time and am so happy to hear your prayers were answered. You have a wonderful family which will only get better with your new addition.

Anonymous said...

What a relief and such great news to hear! I cannot even imagine the stress and anxiety you must have felt all last week. Enjoy a relaxing weekend with your family!

Anonymous said...

What great news. Just relax and enjoy your weekend!
Thanks for sharing, it makes me remember all the things that I wanted to remember but had forgotten. You're a great mom!

Cdn mom - I don't think we have as much snow here as Boston? I cannot wait until spring.

yamilovesemma said...

I'm soooooo happy for you and for the baby...what a relief.

minervabird said...

That's wonderful! Told you all would be fine. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy, and enjoy decorating that nursery for Gray!

Polly said...

Such great news YM

Chrissie said...

So very happy for you!!! :o)

Shari said...

That's great news! So glad to hear it!