Parenthood: You All Owe Me.

Thursday, October 18, 2012



 How is it even possible, that up until a week ago, I had never heard of the show Parenthood? I mean, I knew that Lorelei from Gilmore Girls (R.I.P.) was on a show, but I guess since we gave up watching network TV a few years ago (except for 30 Rock) I was clueless that there was this AMAZING new  show that I had never watched. Last week I stumbled upon it on Netflix and now I am hooked! It is SO good. How is it that you all have kept this from me for so long? Are we not friends? 

I wrote this on my Facebook Page last night, and it turns out that all of you have been watching for YEARS. 

Years, people. 

Where is the love? 

Whatever, we are all on the same page now. It rules. Crosby (Dax Shepard) is my secret lover, and I watch it in 5 minute increments throughout the day, and it has made my life. Yes, it's that good. Now whenever I am folding laundry, making dinner, doing dishes, etc.. I am actually excited because it means I get a few minutes alone with my iPad and the Braverman family. I laugh, I cry, I cry more when I have to turn it off, basically I am in boob tube heaven. 

Yeah, you all owe me for not telling me about this one sooner. 

I was trying to explain it to a friend the other day, and all I could say was that it was dramatic, but in a "real" kind of way. I feel like all my favorite shoes Homeland, Dexter, Shameless, Curb, Damages are just so out there, and so unrealistic, that it's nice to watch a drama that is actually relatable. I am so unbelievably over reality TV, and I can't believe that I have found a fake show that is actually based on real life.

I'm currently one episode in to season two, and I'm crying already because I haven't DVR'd season 4. I may need you all to fill me in. If you aren't watching you have to. Sleep is not longer important, this is what has been missing from your night ;)

I'm off to fold laundry err watch episode 2!

No comments :