Fall 2012 Picks.

Monday, October 1, 2012


Remember, last month when I was complaining that it seemed like summer was lasting forever. Well, that is no longer the case here in New England, and in the last few days it has gotten COLD outside. This is usually the time of year where I post a "why do we live here" comment, but given my non-maternity/ fit back in my entire wardrobe/ can't wait to dress up for fall status, this time around I am embracing the drop in temperature, and I am determined to make a real effort at dressing up daily (i.e. actually changing out of gym clothes after the gym a.k.a. not wearing yoga pants 24/7.) Here are my top fashion picks for Fall. Wearing any of these, I am happy to say, bring on the apple picking, pumpkin carving, leaf peeping, hot chocolate kind of weather... this year I'm ready!!! 
(Click link in the text for sources!)


This coat haunts my dreams. It really is perfect in every way. If I didn't already have a great army coat, this would be mine. Like yesterday. 


 Need I say more? This sweater is the perfect layering piece. I would wear this with a T, a boyfriend jeans and oxfords, as well as over a great patterned blouse and leather pants (my new must have staple item.)


See above. This pattern will never get old and I'm loving the boyfriend fit. Oh, and it's Gwyneth approved ;)


How great is this peter pan collared T from J. Crew. It's back ordered until November, but so worth the wait. How cute would this be with a wool pencil skirt and tights for work, or for those dreaded elementary school interviews (i.e. how I will be spending the next 3 months of my life.)


These oxblood heels (the color of the season) just arrived in my mailbox last week. They are amazing. Dress em up, dress em down, they are suck a great alternative to the traditional back pump. I especially love that natural heel, and living in a city lined with cobblestones, a solid heel can never be under appreciated!!!


Another of my favorite purchases (ever) a great leopard alternative (is this cheetah???) this super soft clutch goes with anything and everything, and it's large enough for every day use. The fold over is such a great way to secure your belongings, avoiding "the Robin" which is when you spill the entire contents of your clutch on the floor while searching for your phone or wallet in a dark restaurant. Yes, it's named after me for my clutch (pun intended) move. 


Oxblood + Rag and Bone = the pant for Fall. My 16 year old self is feeling pretty proud of herself for discovering this trend 18 years ago. If I ever thought that burgundy jeans would ever be "hot" again, I can promise you I would have held on to those babies a little bit longer. Same goes for the flannel shirt I spent the better part of my sophomore year in. 


Finally, How amazing are these timeless flats? Cap toe, nude, studded. Really, you had me at cap toe. 

There you have it! What are your pics for Fall this year? Please share!!!
 

No comments :