Best Decision Ever!

Friday, November 16, 2012

 So, I TOTALLY went for it, and cut a whopping 5-6 inches off my hair! I can't even tell you how good it felt, and immediately I knew I made the right decision. I realize this is only hair we are talking about, but I had become so attached to my long, long hair, that I found it to be really freeing just to walk in and say... chop it off! 

The whole morning was kind of surreal, as I was literally running to my appointment after I dropped the kids off, and when I walked in and my idol was there, as well. I was so nervous about the big cut, that I forgot that I was supposed to be nervous about talking to her, and then 15 minutes later the whole thing was done, and I again had to run out to try to make it to the gym. I quickly realized I had to snap a pic for you all, given that you all convinced me to cut it, and , well, if yesterday's pics weren't awkward enough... here are a few more, close up, and without makeup. Lucky you ;)



Isn't it fab? I have to say I couldn't be more pleased with the final result. As my stylist was chopping away we discussed how I could keep this from looking like a "mid-length, I'm trying to grow my hair out, cut"  and he said the key is a very blunt cut, with only a few wispy lawyers in the front. This makes the cut look intentional, and he said under the collarbone is naturally flattering. Well, whatever he did worked, and all throughout the city I was getting compliments on my hair right and left!

I was a little nervous about how it would look when I don't have time to blow dry it (like every day of my life) and was so pleased when, after I took the boys swimming, I realized didn't even have a brush, and naturally it dried into this sexy Kate Moss(ish) bob. 

Yep, BEST DECISION EVER! 

Thanks for all your comments yesterday! You all totally made me brave! 

Happy weekend!

4 comments :

Anonymous said...

I have literally checked your blog three times today to see if you did it lol! It looks awesome and so healthy!!!

Rob and Amber said...

Love it and totally inspired! Although if I chopped off 5-6 inches of my hair, it'd be a pixie cut, I am due for good clean up. How you were saying yesterday... I feel that way about bangs. Grr. I don't want bangs, but all the pics I see of myself WITH bangs look better. So we'll see. I need highlights too. But yeah, good decision! You look fantastic!

Allison said...

Love it! I'm thinking of doing the same thing - can I ask who/where you went to? Thanks!

Robin M Anderson said...

thank you all!

allison, his name is vincent at salon acote, on newbury. my whole family has been going to him for almost a decade! he's the best ;)