His, Hers, and the Closest We Will Get To a Warhol.

Monday, November 5, 2012


 Remember back, when I couldn't decide what to do on our bedroom wall? Well, we decided to go a completely different direction (although that Slim Aarons is totally swoon worthy and will someday be in our home office) and we made an art piece out of a skateboard series that Andy Warhol recently released. I realize that this is not what one would typically think of for a master bedroom, but we love the final result, and there is a little boy in this house who now thinks we are a little cooler than we were before!

Here is the final product! 



As I was taking a few pictures to share with you all, I noticed something a bit different about each of our individual sides of the bed. My reading material consists of parenting, fashion, and home decor... 


and my husband's? 


Other than the surfing magazines, all I can say is GEEK SQUAD. I kid, of course, but damn that boy is smarter than I will ever be! I'll have to hurt you if you ever tell him I said that ;). 

What do you guys think, have you used anything out of the ordinary in your home? I'd love to know! 

3 comments :

Vicki @ Grams Made It said...

Your husband just went way up on my list of cool guys. THE ROAD by Cormac McCarthy is in my top 5 all-time favorite books. The other ones are way out of my league.

Valerie said...

I cannot get over how COMPLETELY FREAKIN AWESOME your boys must think you are! And the funny thing is my nightstand is a total combo of both of yours. Someone has to worry about the kids and the house, but I also am interested in Python and wish I had gone to med school - like that MRI book looks so interesting to me. I even get a skiing magazine (but have only actually skied once two years ago when I took my then 5 year old.) Here's hoping my kids think I'm half as cool as you!

Valerie said...

Your boys must think you are so COMPLETELY FREAKIN' AWESOME. The funny thing is my nightstand looks like a combination of both of yours. Someone has to worry about the kids, the house, the food, etc, but I also am interested in Python as started programming and wish I had gone to school for medicine and/or science so that MRI book is mighty intriguing to me. I even have a skiing magazine (although I'm not sure why I get it because I've only skied once a couple years ago when I took my then 5 year old). Here's to hoping my kids think I'm half as cool as you!!