Quick Change Artist.

Saturday, June 20, 2009

Prior to my having the little man, I used to love getting ready to go out. I didn't always love the going out part, but I really did enjoy the ritual of fancying myself up. You know the drill, planning your outfit, having a glass of wine, a long shower. Taking the time to expertly apply my makeup and trying to recreate that salon type blow out. Hell, sometimes I'd even get a blow out if we had somewhere extra special to be. I loved getting ready with girlfriends or my sister and some times those moments really were the best part of the night.

Well, since I have had kids those days are long, long, LONG, gone.

Last night the Husband and I had an event to attend for his work. An event that required heels, mascara, and ugh, me to actually remove my pajamas after 7pm. Needless to say when the Husband arrived home at 6:30pm he was slightly horrified to fine me looking like this while making the little man's dinner.


What you can't see in this picture is the fact that my hair is beyond greasy, my nails are chipped in desperate need of some polish removal, legs need to be shaved, showered, eyebrows plucked...etc. Generally, I was pretty much a hot mess. 

I reluctantly agreed that if he fed and bathed the little man then I would (could?) be ready in less than 30 minutes. Yeah, well he didn't believe me either. 

About forty minutes later, Viola! 


Ok, ok ....I was 10 minutes late, but in my defense I blame the last minute Updo. Lucky, I had a few minutes left for some book time and some rocking before the little man's bed time, which made him pretty happy. The Husband too.

In the end we had a great time, and it was nice to be out past 11 for the first time in a long time. It also gave me a chance to break in those new Louies so I can't complain too much. Needless to say tonight, for date night, this girl is wearing jeans and flats and will be ready in less than 10 minutes. 

Hey, even Cinderella needed a day off.


6 comments :

TheOnlineStylist said...

Girl You look F.A.B.!! Loving those Louies too!! And all that in 40 mins! Glad you had fun... we are Saturday night in at the mo. Slouchy long tee, leggings and big cardi all the way!! x

Polly said...

Its amazing what a mummy can actually pull off isn't it!

You look fantastic.

Anonymous said...

This is totally random and unrelated to this post, but I don't have a Twitter account and I noticed that your new icon in the top left corner of your twitter page says "Dairy of a Yummy Mummy"...which is kind of funny, especially during a certain (and hopefully soon-to-come!) time in your mummyhood, but probably not what you were intending. :)

Robin M Anderson said...

Anon- nice catch! I'm not the one setting it up so I very quickly sent out an email...hopefully it will be fixed soon!!!

Thanks for letting me know :)

Mervat said...

A super fast yummy mummy! And a happy baby is an added bonus. You look fabulous!

Aunty Em said...

You look HOT!!!! Will call you this afternoon xo