Dorothy Said It.

Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Dorothy was right, there really is no place like home, no place like home

We have been back for 3 full days and I must say I have never been happier to be home. It's not that I didn't have fun on my vacation, it's just that it wasn't really a vacation. Yes, we were on a beach, yes, we had an amazing time, and yes, I would do it all over again. But the fact is it wasn't really a true vacation because I brought my work with me. And by "work" I mean my almost two year old son who after week two really, really, really wanted to be home. 

Well he and I got our wish, and now that we are back even The Husband had to agree...it is GREAT to be back (I may have mentioned that already.) It's like everything around here has this amazing and beautiful glow around it. The trees are greener, the sky is bluer, the weather is nicer, the city is beyond amazing. For the little man his old toys are new again, his park is like his own little slice of heaven, and his room, well I can barely get him to leave his crib in the morning and after his nap.

The two of us are are easily falling back into our old routine and the only problem we have had is the separation anxiety that the little man is having, and the burning separation desire that I am having. You would think that after spending 5 weeks with me, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, the little guy would be sick of me already. You would be wrong. I'm sure (hoping) once he gets used to the gym again, the sitter, and his general environment than we will soon be back to our old ways. Our old ways where are are allowed to be more than one foot away from each other at any given moment. 

The Husband is quick to point out I would likely be having a different reaction to our home had we come back during the middle of a New England winter, and I tend to agree that the beautiful sunny days that we have had may have something to do with my joyful mood. (Note to self, next time go to tropical destination in February, not May.) But either way I am one happy camper. 

I guess all that clicking of my ruby slippers (well, leather flip flops) must have done the trick because at the end of my yellow brick road is a Summer in Boston. I can honestly say there is no where in the world I would rather be. 

2 comments :

Ally W said...

Welcome Home Yum!
xoCaliAlly

Polly said...

Welcome home, there really is no place, and how good was it to be back in your own bed? I always think that is the best best part of getting home.