Gone Feral.

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

The people have spoken. The little man needed a hair cut. 

Arranging a hair cut in the middle of the Jungle is sort of like arranging a drug deal. You find a "guy," who knows a friend of a friend, who knows someone who "cuts." We were given a time, 3:30 and we were sent to a place down the road called the Enchanted Forest. No joke. At said forest we were ushered into a little room that looked kind of like a yoga studio/tea room/ bedroom/ hair salon. And by salon I mean there was a chair, a mirror, a pair of scissors, and a pair of clippers. Oh, and about 6 dogs. We figured since it wasn't surgery this place was as good as any. 

I was then greeted by a girl far more Boho than I could ever be and she sat us down on the little stool, covered us in a sarong and went to work. 5 minutes later and quite a few tears later (by the LM of course), and about 8 pounds of hair later, our little Phil Donahue was now our little feral monkey. 

The result?

  TaDa!





I think he looks too cute for words! The Husband even admitted that he looked much "cooler" (in temperature and in social standing.) I just can't stop rubbing his little head. It's so soft and fluffy. I'm so used to seeing ALL THAT HAIR that I love that his little face is now the first thing I see when I look at him. 

I'm sure we will grow it our for the Winter, but for now this will be his "Summer look."




8 comments :

Jean said...

Awww, he looks super cute, and I bet it's a lot cooler for him too.

Anonymous said...

So cute! He looks so chilled out too. Great attitude!

The Mommy said...

He looks so adorable! So much more "Little Man" than before. ;) Cuteness pie!

Paula said...

Love it!

Legally Brunette said...

Love it...what a good look for him!

jaimie arnold baird said...

awwwweeeee- liam is a little boy now!!!! he looks so cute robs- cannot wait to see you guys next week! missed you guys. xo

lunarossa said...

So gorgeous! Hope you kept his "old" hair for your scrapbook (if you're keeping one for him!). Ciao. A.

Polly said...

Love it.