Goodbye Beautiful Country.

Wednesday, May 20, 2009


Today is our last full day in this beautiful country that we have called "home" for the past few weeks. Tomorrow we embark on our two day trip back to civilization, or at least civilization as we remember it. (and by civilization I mean no more beautiful beaches, sunsets, or perfect jungle views) Some days down here felt like months, but now looking back I can't believe how fast the time has gone by. A significant amount of quality time was had by all, and the annoyances were minimal and already forgotten. I can't wait to be home. Home in my bed, home in my house. I can't wait to see my friends, my park, my gym, my City. I'm almost more excited about going home than I was about coming down here, almost

For our final sendoff we took a long bike ride down the beach. We must have biked a million miles on this trip (ok, a slight exaggeration) and now that we know the little man likes it so much, our first order of business when we get home is to get bikes. And a bike seat of course. 

Here are some pictures I snapped along the way. As you can see there wasn't another person as far as the eye could see.


After about a half hour we stumbled upon some fisherman. 

A quick Hola and we were on our way.

I tried to keep up with my men.

And eventually I caught up to them. 

At last we reached the end, a small little cove that looks like something out of the Beach (you know, that great book turned crappy Leonardo DiCaprio movie?)

We saw footprints, but no feet to go with them. 

I immediately jumped in the water. Yes that floating "rock" in the middle of the picture is in fact me. 

Oh, Costa Rica we will miss you...


1 comment :

lunarossa said...

What a paradise! You must a little sad to leave this fantastic location! If I could do it I'd live there forever with a bit of music and a hige mountains of books. That would be perfect! Have a safe journey home. Ciao. A.