Where Pedicures Go To Die.

Monday, May 11, 2009

Exactly 12 days, 22 hours, and some odd minutes ago, I got a pedicure in preparation of our big trip. I usually go about every 3-4 weeks (cause I do show my piggies off in Yoga) when I am back in the States.  Given that it is so cold where we live, and proper footwear is usually required, my nails usually stay pretty much intact in between visits. 

Not so much down in a Costa Rican Jungle. 

I woke up this morning, looked down at my toes and a chill went up my spine. 


The best part? I have two more weeks with these bad boys. Even better? I am a 5 hour drive from the closest bottle of nail polish/ nail polish remover. 

Mental note for next time. BRING NAIL POLISH REMOVER.


2 comments :

Legally Brunette said...

LOVE that color - Bermuda Shorts, right?

I also forgot to bring nail polish remover to Aruba, but I was able to peel off the remainder of my polish, and then buff and paint them anew. Give it a day and all of the salt water and sand will make the polish easily removable. Or you might try some rubbing alcohol if you have it. As a last resort, you could paint over it with two coats, and the second coat should smooth it out.

Robin M Anderson said...

It is/was Bermuda shorts....I'm slightly obsessed.

I tried to buff/ peel but i swear they bit this stuff on with super glue. Also forgot to bring more polish so I can't even cover it.

I really hope I don' t run into any celebs (highly unlikely) because this is straight embarrassing!

First stop once we deplane. Laurens on Newbury.

Wait I take that back, first stop cvs. I can't even go into a nail salon with this mess.

Hope you had fun in aruba!

xoxo
ym