I Dream of Eames.

Monday, January 24, 2011

One of the perks of having a friend as an interior designer is that she can give you fabulous ideas for styling your (somewhat boring) apartment. The second, of course, is that she can share her amazing designer discount with you. This is how I came to own a piece of art (so says MOMA) and on February 28th we are going to be the proud parents of a 30(?) pound, cream, buttery leather, walnut encased Eames lounger, and with that our apartment decorating is (almost) complete. 

I have to admit a year ago I had no idea what this chair was and whom it was made by. When my girlfriend pointed it out in a magazine I recognized it, but I had no idea how iconic this piece of furniture  was/is. I wasn't to sure about having something so nice, with such small children, but after seeing this chair EVERYWHERE over the past year, we decided that it was exactly what our bedroom needed. Not only is this perfect for the space, but our bedroom is the one place in the house, short of cuddling in the "big bed," that our little guy has ZERO interest in. After months of waffling, we decided over Christmas that if we didn't go for it now with the discount available to us, we would be kicking ourselves later. 

Looking at these pictures I am 100% sure we made the right choice.


Source

Source

Source

Source

I had to add in this picture of someone, who is MUCH braver than I, who dared to put this beauty in the nursery. I will afraid to even sit in ours for the first year, so needless to say, there won't be any babies in this chair. I do have to admit that it does look fabulous, although, I'm pretty sure this chair would look fabulous anywhere, even in a bathroom. (I am also loving that colorful blanket!)

Source

Source
Now if it could just arrive... I'm dying to share the "after" pictures with you all!

3 comments :

Me said...

Oh I have friends who have the lounger... It's a very pricey, but very iconic piece. Perfect for a boys nursery.

beach bum mum said...

Have you seen the childrens replica version? Love!
http://www.littlenest.com/au/childrens-kids-eames-lounge-chair.php

Anonymous said...

get fucked