Snow Day(s).

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Did you all hear about the snow that pounded New England, yeah well what was reported was NO JOKE. We got nailed by the storm, and my little guy had his first official snow day(s) from school. We spent yesterday sledding, sleeping, sledding, and sleeping. I was so grateful that we live in a condo with a garage, because if it was any different we would have spent the day shoveling, shoveling, and shoveling some more. My little guy was, surprising, really disappointed that he couldn't go to school, and whenever the snow plow would go by he would say, "see the roads are clear, now we can go to school!" He was even more shocked when I told him it was cancelled again today, but I have assured him (crossing my fingers behind my back) that school should be open again tomorrow. I guess I should revel in the days when he actually wants to be there, because as this California girl can attest, I would have done anything for a snow day after I hit junior high.

I must say, it's actually been pretty nice taking it easy at home. We have watched some movies (Going the Distance is hilarious!) and I was able to embark on my "playroom" project clean-up which involved sorting through all of the little man's toys to determine what was "baby" and what was "big kid." I had planned on doing this project by myself, but to my surprise my guy was more than willing to help. I thought that he would want to keep everything for himself, but he was awesome about sorting piles between upstairs (nursery,) and downstairs (his room,) and he even made a trash pile which is something that I never thought I would see. He seems really excited for the baby to come, even if it just because it makes him even "bigger." We are almost getting to the point where we can paint the nursery and I am already in full nesting mode... God help us all during the next six months.  

Now back to the snow, for those of you who don't live around here, this is what 16 inches of snow, in 8 hours, looks like. They have said that we better get used to having the white stuff around because with freezing temps for the next few weeks, we are going to be looking at this for a long time to come. Here is our "front yard," aka our Winter Wonderland.










The day after....



4 more months to spring... four more months to spring...

Oh, and for those of you who noticed, yes I taped his boots to his pants with duct moving tape. There was only so many times those damn boots could get stuck in the snow before I decided to resort to desperate measures. I must say it kept his sockies nice and dry...

3 comments :

Yummy Mummy said...

omg! that is an amazing amount of snow! that looks more like the winters we have here in oslo! LM is sooooo cute! xxx

Meaghan said...

The tape is pure genius.

Anonymous said...

Love the tape! Also, just did the math and realized your having a July baby. Right? When are you due exactly? My son was due on June 30th 2010 and was born July 3rd. I was PUMPED to have him out during the hot hot summer months. :)