The Land That Bill Gates Forgot.

Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Tomorrow we embark on our annual Thanksgiving trip down to Snow Hill, Maryland for 4 days filled with family, food, and quite a bit of wine (yay!) I always love this time of year, mostly because on Friday we can finally start the Christmas countdown, but also because I love the idea of everyone, everywhere (in America) taking the time out of their busy lives to spend time with family thinking about what they are grateful for.

This year I'd have to say that I am most thankful for my friends, old and new, virtual and "real." Those who are tied to me by blood, and those who stay with me by choice. The ones who I see every day, and those who I see once a decade. My mommy friends and my childless friends who have truly been there for me this year. I feel very blessed to have such amazing men and women in my life and I honestly don't know where I would be without them.

So I will be raising a glass to all of you this year. Maybe two, three, four. Thank you all for standing by me and thank you for being such an amazing group of people. I consider myself very very lucky to know you.

I will be back on Saturday, and back to blogging Sunday. Snow Hill has everything a girl could need, everything except a reliable internet connection. Yep, it seems to be the land that Bill Gates forgot. Of course I can't go too long without you all so I will still be on Twitter and Facebook. If you are not yet a fan, you can click here.

Happy Thanksgiving to you all!


3 comments :

TheOnlineStylist said...

Happy thanksgiving for tomorrow lovely friend! Enjoy your celebrations and I too am counting down till I can start counting down to Christmas! Hugs to you and your family xx p.s Fiji?? Wow....!!!! xx

Anonymous said...

YM - I am so thankful for having stumbled across your blog because I look forward to reading your stories. They bring back memories of my life when my kids were small and more importantly, they are funny and make me feel good. The "plane trip" story will be forever embedded in my mind and I still laugh thinking about it. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family.

Cdn Mom (also leaving for warmer weather, in 5 days)

ps - love the hat!

Jodi said...

Can you share some of that christmas spirit with me!